- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to
the left as possible.
- Have kids use glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Since masks can sometimes obstruct a child’s vision, try non-toxic face paint and makeup whenever possible.
- When selecting a costume make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- See more at: http://www.safekids.org/tip/halloween-safety-tips
- For Parents the FDA also provides the following Halloween Food Safety Tips for Parents
Drivers play an equally big role in the Halloween safety and are reminded to slow down and be alert, especially in residential neighborhoods.